Our services and the Backstage app are intended to be used by users over the age of 18. We do not intentionally gather personal information from visitors who are under the age of 18.
A. Types of Personal Information We Collect
The term “personal information” means information about an identifiable individual, and includes your name, address, postal code, mobile number, email address, date of birth, employment status, industry, occupation and other information.
Information you provide to us:
We may collect your personal information from you, such as your e-mail address, and password when you create an account to use our Services and the Backstage app ("Account").
We retain information on your behalf, such as files and messages that you store using your Account.
We may collect personal information when you interact with Rebounty, including when you:
Download and launch the Backstage app;
Register to use the Backstage app;
Use the following app functionalities:
Posting a request with a reward (a “Bounty”), forwarding a Bounty or responding to a Bounty;
Posting any reviews; liking Bounties;
Participating in any contests or sweepstakes;
Chatting with other users;
Consent to receive information and offers from Rebounty;
Contact us with a comment, question or complaint.
We may collect information to confirm your identity, protect from fraud and error, to comply with legal and regulatory requirements, for analytics and reporting, to generate offers and to otherwise provide and enhance the services we provide to you and other users. In addition, we collect and use personal information as follows:
- Downloading the Backstage app: When you download the Backstage app to your mobile device, we may collect device-related technical information for the purposes of determining whether your device is compatible with, and eligible to use, the Backstage app.
- Registering to use the Backstage app: When you use the Backstage app for the first time, you will be asked to register and provide us with your information, including contact information.
- Responding to a Bounty: Information Collected from You About Others. If you decide to respond to a Bounty by providing a referral, we will collect the referrals name, email or other contact information such as phone numbers to allow the user posting the Bounty to contact the referral.
- Inviting Others to Create a User Account.
If you decide to invite a third party to create an Account, we will collect your and the third party’s names and e-mail addresses in order to send an e-mail and follow up with the third party. You or the third party may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to request the removal of this information from our database.
- Offers and other communication: When you register with Rebounty or use the Backstage app, we may contact you by e-mail, phone, mail, text message, push notification or other similar methods with offers, surveys or information that we believe may be of interest to you. We may also display tailored in-app offers, surveys or ads through third party websites about products, services and promotions relating to Rebounty, its partners and other third parties that may be of interest to you. If enabled by you, your phone’s geo-location service may be used to provide information and deals available in your location. You can choose to not have us contact you with marketing offers by contacting us as outlined below.
- Relationship-based Ads on Third Party Websites: Depending on your marketing preferences, we may use your contact information for the purposes of enabling the delivery of tailored Rebounty ads on third-party websites such as social media or webmail sites with which you have a relationship. To opt-out of receiving such relationship-based ads, update your settings on your social media or webmail sites.
- Customer Service: When you contact us with a question, comment or complaint, register for updates through our website, enter one of our contests, sign-up for one of our promotions, answer one of our surveys, or leave a comment on our website or social media sites, you may be asked for information that identifies you (such as your name, address and a phone number) along with additional information we need to help us answer your question or respond to your comment or complaint. We may also retain this information to assist you in the future and to improve our customer service, product and service offerings, and promotions.
B. Collection and Use of Technical Information:
When you use the Backstage app, we collect the IP (Internet protocol) address and other device-related information such as the make and model of your device, its operating system, mobile device identification number (IMEI), MAC address, geographic location (if enabled on your device), Integrated Circuit Card Identifier (ICCID), which identifies your SIM card, information about its screen size, and the date and time of your use. We use this information to facilitate the operation of Backstage app, to help us understand how our users’ use the Backstage app, for our internal analytics and reporting, and to monitor and improve Backstage app. Such device-related information may be used as a mobile marketing identifier to offer Rebounty content and advertisements to you in third party mobile applications. To disable this feature, refer to the advertising settings on your device.
Please note that the ability to collect certain personal information is controlled by your device. Please refer to the documentation for your device regarding how to allow or block the collection of location or device information. If you choose not to provide location or certain device information, some services you request may not operate optimally.
C. Disclosure of Personal Information
- Sale of Business: We may transfer any information we have about you in connection with a merger or sale involving all or part of Rebounty or as part of a corporate reorganization or stock sale or other change in corporate control.
- Service Provider Arrangements: We may transfer (or otherwise make available) your personal information to our affiliates, partners and other third parties who provide services on our behalf. For example, we may use service providers to host Backstage app-related services, facilitate transactions, or send offers or other communications on our behalf. Your personal information may be maintained and processed by our affiliates and other third party service providers in Canada, the US or other jurisdictions. Our service providers are given the information they need to perform their designated functions, and we do not authorize them to use or disclose personal information for their own purposes.
- Legal: Rebounty, our affiliates and our Canadian, US and other service providers may provide your personal information in response to a search warrant or other legally valid inquiry or order, to meet requests for information from regulators or to satisfy legal and regulatory requirements applicable to us, or as otherwise required by applicable Canadian, US or other law. We may also disclose personal information where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims, protecting our rights or property, or as otherwise permitted by law.
D. Users Outside of the United States
Your personal information may be transferred to and processed in Canada or the United States. With respect to our collection and processing of Personal Data about individuals in the European Union, we comply with ….
We have implemented administrative, technical and physical safeguards designed to protect personal information in our custody and control against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure.
E. Access to your Personal Information
You have the right to access, update, and correct inaccuracies in your personal information in our custody and control, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law. To request access, updating or correction of inaccuracies in your personal information that we have in our custody or control, email or write to us at the contact information set out below. We may request certain personal information for the purposes of verifying the identity of the individual seeking access to their personal information records.
G. How to Contact Rebounty